Two interactive 'foodie' quizzes for BBC iWonder
With the launch of a new BBC1 series, we created two fun interactive quizzes that shine a light on all our weird and awkward eating habits.
Whatever we built needed to be awesome, no matter how non-awesome someone's device might be
- Extensive UX and design reviews would require special attention to detail so that the final product would meet BBC needs.
- Work with iWonder responsive guidelines.
- Work with iWonder games guidelines.
- Creating an app framework that will work with a variety of question types.
- High audience and sharing figures were a requirement.
Tight turn around
- As always, a tight turn around time.
- The total download size of the initial activity load MUST be less than 250kb.
- Any individual asset within an activity SHOULD NOT exceed 100KB.
To increase the appeal of the app, animated features and interactions were added. Share buttons situated at key stages of the journey maximised exposure of sharing.
- Agile project approach to ensure all progress and blockers are expedited.
- Close working relationship with BBC to ensure guidelines were adhered.
With over 1.5 million unique users in 48 hours, it quickly became the number one iWonder guide of all time, beating even the 2014 World Cup!
Furthest reaching guide
"The team at Aerian were a pleasure to work with from start to finish, and helped BBC iWonder deliver its furthest-reaching iWonder guide and interactive build to date, the 'What's the right diet for you?' quiz."
Seen by 1.5m
It was seen by 1.5m unique browsers and was really well received by audience members.
"Users wrote in to notify us of their success losing weight having taken the test, and then the onward journey to BBC Food recipes. We couldn't have done it without Aerian." Anna-Louise Taylor, BBC Senior Content Producer
It was seen by 1.5m unique browsers and was really well received by audience members. Users wrote in to notify us of their success losing weight having taken the test, and then the onward journey to BBC Food recipes. We couldn’t have done it without Aerian.